Polygon Miden uses a novel, actor-based state model to allow users to prove their own state locally, achieving high throughput and privacy at the same time. Polygon Miden is a general purpose rollup where developers can write and deploy arbitrary smart contracts.
- Miden is currently in development.
- A public testnet for Polygon Miden is expected in Q1 2024.
Polygon Miden offers features and benefits that are not available on Ethereum. Developers are empowered to build high-throughput, private dApps.
- Beyond EVM: Build novel applications, i.e., on-chain order book exchanges, complex incomplete information games, compliant and private asset management apps
- Local data: Control your data with local data storage. In Polygon Miden, privacy is the cheaper option and—if you want—the network only tracks a commitment to your data
- High throughput: Build applications that can be used by many users at the same time. Client-side proving reduces the burden on the network and allows for parallel transaction execution
- Safety: Account asset storage, account abstraction, privacy, and smart contracts in Rust are less prone to bugs and less exposed to hackers