The Add Custom Token feature allows you to add any token explicitly and use it with the Polygon Wallet Suite. You just have to search for the token by its contract address, either root or child:
- The root is the token contract on Ethereum
- The child is the contract on Polygon
Pro tip: How do I find the token contract?
You can search for the token by its name on either Coingecko or Coinmarketcap where you will be able to see its address on the Ethereum chain (for ERC 20 tokens) and other supported subsequent chains like Polygon. The token address on other chains might not be updated but you can surely use the root address for all purposes.
So when selecting a token, you will be able to search by:
- token symbol
- token name
Here is how it works:
- Easily add any token to your list by adding the contract address as a custom token (we support
contract addresses on both Polygon or Ethereum):
- Once the token information is fetched, you will see a confirmation screen with all the token information. You can then add it as a custom token which will be stored locally in your system, We suggest you reverify the token contracts twice as there are a lot of clone or scam tokens:
- Your added token is now shown when selecting a token:
- You can add a token directly from the tokens tab of the Manage screen: