Polygon is a scaling solution for public blockchains. Based on an adapted implementation of Plasma framework (Plasma MoreVP) - with an account based implementation (read more here), Polygon supports all the existing Ethereum tooling along with faster and cheaper transactions.
Polygon strives to solve the scalability and usability issues while not compromising on decentralization, security and leveraging the existing developer community and ecosystem. Polygon is an off/side chain scaling solution for existing platforms to provide scalability and superior user experience to DApps/user functionalities.
Key Features & Highlights
- Scalability Fast, low-cost and secure transactions on Polygon sidechains with finality achieved on mainchain and Ethereum as the first compatible Layer 1 basechain
- High Throughput Achieved up to 10,000 TPS on a single sidechain on internal testnet; Multiple chains to be added for horizontal scaling
- User Experience Smooth UX and developer abstraction from mainchain to Polygon chain; native mobile apps and SDK with WalletConnect support
- Security Polygon chain operators are themselves stakers in the PoS system
- Public Sidechains Polygon sidechains are public in nature (vs. individual DApp chains), permissionless and capable of supporting multiple protocols